8hrs wine excursion exploring wineries and vineyards of the Penedes region.
WINE & CAVA TOUR
VISIT PENEDES, WINE & CAVA REGION
DATE: Thursdays and Sundays
DURATION: Approx. 8hrs
SPANISH / ENGLISH
Visit three wine and cava cellars
Air conditioned motor coach
Learn about wine and cava production process
Taste wines and cavas ((Catalan sparkling wine)
Cancellation: 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%.
Day tour that will take you to three wine cellars of the Penedés area, during this visit you will learn about the elaboration of wine and cava (Catalan sparkling wine), and have the opportunity to taste the different wines and the cava.
Catalunya is one of Spain’s most prominent wine producing areas, boasting eleven appellations of origin. Vines have been growing in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years. Today Catalonia is Spain’s biggest producer of wine with appellation of origin, with a production rate of 380 million bottles per year, including cava, which accounts for half of this production.
Itinerary: Barcelona – Bodegues Jean Leon (winery) – Bodegues Torres (winery) – Caves Freixenet (winery) – Barcelona.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Hostess courier travels on board.
- Guided tour and tasting of two different wines at Jean Leon Winery.
- Guided tour and combined tasting (3 cheeses and 3 wines) at Bodegues Torres.
- Guided tour and tasting of two different sparkling wine (cava) and appetizer at Cavas Freixenet winery.
What’s not included:
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off